Monday, May 14, 2018

FACE atelier Product Review



The cosmetics industry is huge. It has become one of the fastest growing industries worldwide. Forbes even reported in a May 2017 article that the $445 BILLION beauty industry is a gold mine for women entrepreneurs. With that being said, the cosmetics market is filled with so many brands its understandable that a makeup novice or professional MUA's can feel overwhelmed with which brand or products to use for their specific needs.

I actually came across FACE atelier when I was obtaining my Makeup Artist Certification thru QC Makeup Academy. This company had partnered with QC to provide students & Grads discounts on their makeup products. All of FACE atelier's cosmetic products are fragrance and flavor-free as well as cruelty-free and "use only essential ingredients that have a specific purpose". FACE atelier is an international leader in professional makeup having regularly appearing in the world's most prominent beauty and fashion magazines and it's a Makeup Artist kit staple on several popular television shows as well as a host of networks that include MTV, PBS, CNN and the news departments of ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. With credentials like this, I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.

As a woman of color, not all cosmetic brands have us in mind when they create their products, especially foundations. FACE atelier did not fail us. The foundation color I used was the color "Cocoa #10". I wondered when I got it if it would be too light. I was pleasantly surprised that once I applied it, after a few minutes it began to oxidize (when exposed to oxygen, foundation can turn a shade or two darker) and looked perfect! What I also loved about the foundation was that you don't need to use primer because they build it into the product! And don't get me started on the incredible COVERAGE! I was left speechless....

I also tried the concealer which they call "Ultra Camouflage Duet" in the shade "Darker". They suggest using this product after applying foundation, which was the opposite of what I usually do but I gave it a try and was amazed it actually worked. I didn't even to use much at all...just a few dots & blended it in with my finger and smoothed it out even more with my beauty blender. The lighter shade of the duet, I used in the normal highlight places (under eyes, chin, forehead and down bridge of nose), again, only applying sporadic dots. I set those areas with their "Ultra Loose Powder" in the shade "Translucent". Now this was again going against what I normally do (I usually only set with the "Sacha Buttercup" setting powder) so I was wondering if I was going to look strange in those highlighted areas. Surprise....I didn't! When I say this powder is fine, I mean FINE! It is so finely milled, it didn't not cake or leave me looking "ashy" as some translucent powders can do on darker skin.

Now it was time to get on my eyes. I used their Shimmer loose pigment color called "Aubergine". It is suggested by the company to use a drop of their "Transformation Gel", which is basically a mixing medium, with some of the shimmer to apply to my lids. This method made application of the loose pigment easier (little to NO fall-out) and the product stayed in place. The gel was not cakey and the eye color did not flake. Not to mention the color was beautiful!

I also used the "Ultra Blush" in the color "Mocha"...again, I was not disappointed! I also gave the "Ultra Sheer" product a try. I chose the color "Champagne" which had an illuminating, pearly color which the company says this liquid can be used WITH the foundation, which would alter the hue of the foundation or as a highlighter which is what I did. Again, a little goes a long way with the FACE atelier products. I applied just a few drops on each cheekbone and dabbed it and the highlight was BEAMIN! I even added just a little drop on my brow bone and on the tip of my nose, just like a regular highlighter. This was the first time I ever used a highlighter in a liquid form but will have to give it a try mixing it with the foundation.

Lastly, it was lip time. I used the "Lipstick" in the color "Plum Sorbet" (frost). Their lipsticks also come in matte. I applied the lipstick with a lipstick brush and dabbed some of the leftover eye shadow shimmer mix I still had on my bottom lip.

I finished off the look with a little eye liner, lashes, mascara, face powder & setting spray (these where not FACE atelier products).

This company has created a line of products that the everyday makeup wearer would love & the professional Makeup Artist can rely on to get the job done. What I also like about FACE atelier is they offer sample sizes for sale for only $1/each! I love this concept because its a perfect way to try out something before you commit to a full sized (full priced) product. Their sample sizes are by no means "one & done" quantities either (meaning they send you enough for one application and that's it). The samples amounts are quite generous and you can get quite a bit of usage out of them, which makes sense...it allows you to use the product more than once to get a true feel of what they can do. Again, this company takes pride in promoting that a little goes a long way and that is a fact!

The company is based out of Canada with 17 locations that carry the brand all through out the country. The FACE atelier brand can be actually found in the US in 58 locations! They are also in 25 locations Internationally in areas like the UK, Nigeria, Sweden to the United Arab Emirates to name a few. If you can't find a store near you that carries the brand, online ordering is your obvious best bet. Check them out...I promise you will be happy that you did. Slay away!




No comments:

Post a Comment