Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Slay to the Music: Kendrick Lamar & SZA - "All The Stars"

Everybody loves music. It is a powerful medium that can evoke memories, emotion and set a tone or mood. I don't know of anyone with a creative mind or spirit that doesn't enjoy a good "soundtrack" playing while they are in their zone and Makeup Artists are no exception. Hearing a good song has actually sparked a creative idea or two while I am in slay mode...you feel good. When I have done Makeup on others and I have some music on, I keep their musical likes in mind as this is a way I make them feel comfortable, enjoy the experience and just have fun.

I will be posting weekly some of my favorite songs to slay to...songs that get me hyped up and excited. This week's pick is a song I fell in love with the moment I heard it! I was excited for months to see the movie "Black Panther" this past February. Saw it opening weekend (two times!) and during the end credits, this amazing song with a great beat starts bumping through the IMAX sound system then I hear the voices of Kendrick Lamar & SZA and I'm scrambling to find my phone in the dark so I can SHAZAM it! I've been in love ever since and this is my "pick me up" song when I'm needing a mental boost. Hope you enjoy as well.





Kendrick Lamar & SZA - "All The Stars"
from the "Black Panther" motion picture soundtrack



#colormebeautimous #allthestars #kendricklamar #sza #musictoslayto #blackpanthermovie #blackpanther #slaytothemusic

No comments:

Post a Comment